Thursday, August 28, 2008

Planning for living on less than two incomes (even if you’re already there)

Well, we’ve been down an income since we moved in February, and so I thought the book “How to raise a family on less than two incomes” by Denise Topolnick might be something to check out.

A surprisingly comprehensive yet easy-to-read guide for people thinking about spending less time at the office and more time in the home. However, it wasn’t quite as helpful for me as I hoped it would be. We’ve already checked for the lowest insurance rates and the chapters about children didn’t apply.

It's a book I'd like to revist in about five years. However, it is something I’d recommend to little Kailey’s mom, one of my good friends, who just gave birth last week. Congrats on safe and healthy delivery!

No comments: